The Voice of the Greens in Burnaby-New Westminster

This blog is meant to keep you up-to-date on Scott's Green Party campaign in the 2006 Canadian election in Burnaby-New Westminster. We want to start a dialog with the voters so that your voice can be heard.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

13 days 'til election – Volunteer Party and All Candidates debates

This will be a quick post. Tonight we had a volunteer get together at the campaign headquarters (my condo) and we all got to share our thoughts on where Canada is today and where we should be heading in the future. I will have another volunteer meeting this Saturday, again at my house.

Tomorrow, Thursday, Jan. 12 at 7pm I will be at 7651 18th Ave for an all candidates debate. If anyone would like to attend, please come by and ask all of the candidates how they are going to help you if they win the election. I would really like to hear more opinions and voices in this election.

Cheers

8 Comments:

At 11:26 AM, January 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Scott,

Saw you on CPAC, good job!


Tanner Waldo
GPC Candidate in Red Deer, AB

 
At 11:31 AM, January 12, 2006, Blogger Scott Newman said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:43 AM, January 12, 2006, Blogger Scott Newman said...

Good job on CPAC, keep up the good work! My friends are driving a Biodiesel bus out west soon, you should e-mail Ja about it forsure!!

jjbuttle@gmail.com

 
At 11:44 AM, January 12, 2006, Blogger The Fugitive said...

Hi Scott,

I also saw you on cpac...
By the way, great blog!

Best wishes on your campaign,

Conrado

 
At 12:08 PM, January 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Scott, I saw you on CPAC today and heard about your blog. I thought I would check it out because I agree with many of your points. I also saw the speech given by your leader at the Empire Club this morning, and was impressed with his message. I will vote green here in the Peace country(Northern Alberta) and wish you luck in the election.

 
At 10:14 PM, January 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice campaign kickoff meeting at your place last night. It was most refreshing to see highly motivated people engaging in our democracy.

Note the new media vivelecanada.ca and thetyee.ca where people are also nicely engaged. Some Greens reps are active on these sites.

Réjean B.

 
At 12:43 AM, January 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am the kid that talked to you at the all canadate debate, and I have to say, I agree with a lot of what you say. You seem to really adress the issues and know what you are talking about, a rare sight now days.

I agree that, the confrentaional system of parties in parliment is not the way to go. I our current system, weather if a bill pass or not is a number game rather than the bill it self.

Also I agree with with you view on forgien credential (I am a really bad speller so try to guess) There is currently a monoploy going on in the heath care system, and poring more money into it is not the solution.

I see your point in taxing accourding to energy usage, and many other issues.

In one sentece, I agree with all your views accept for those views that the green party is know for.

right now I am on the compain team of the concervatives, and I will never vote green. but I really would like to talk to you and hear your thoughts and share with you my thought on the world.
but from what I have heard, I would campian for you if you were independent.

 
At 11:07 PM, January 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Email is yeungx@hotmail.com feel free to contact me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home