The Voice of the Greens in Burnaby-New Westminster

This blog is meant to keep you up-to-date on Scott's Green Party campaign in the 2006 Canadian election in Burnaby-New Westminster. We want to start a dialog with the voters so that your voice can be heard.

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

27 days 'til election - Science World and Dosti

I love Science World. I guess it's brings out the inner science-geek in me when I get to hook up electrodes to my head and compete to reduce my brain waves. I had an excuse to go today because we were entertaining my 3 year old sister Faith.

I did learn a few things today from science world; the brain activity of children under 5 is totally off the chart, and the next generation will have better ideas on how we can deal with future scarcity of natural resources, thanks to places like Science World.

This is why it is so important for the government to really focus on supporting families with young children because they are the ones who will have to deal with any environmental problems that we cause today. Only by ensuring that every child has a nutritious diet, stimulation for their minds and a stable and loving home, is Canada going to raise a generation of citizens who will be able to creatively deal with the situations we have laid out before them.

After Science World I got to go to 'Dosti' at Raja Theatre. It's a repeat of the old one with Amitabh Bachchan but it can still manage to wrench a few tears out of even the most stoic of us. We are pretty lucky to live in a city where you can see new Bollywood releases any night of the week. It's a great break from the usual hollywood flick at any rate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home